QuickBooks is a great application that helps companies efficiently organize their payroll method. It makes the payment of the companies to their employees easy and hassle-free on time. The application has many user-friendly modules Though an easy module, it comes with specific errors and defaults. The general reason for this error is the presence of a corrupted file in the CPS folder. A specific payroll issue occurs while updating or downloading a QuickBooks company file in your system.
It is an error that appears like ‘QuickBooks can’t read your payroll setup files’ (Error PS033) and quick help resolving it can be availed by dialing +1 800-579-9430
CAUSES OF THE ERROR PS033
Some of the common causes include:
- Inactive payroll subscription.
- More than one activated payroll in the Inactive Direct Deposit agreement.
- Corrupted .ini QB Desktop File.
- Damaged QB data.
- Having an old version of the QB application
- Inaccurate Service Key.
- Inaccurate or invalid Employer Identification Number.
- Inaccurate company file
- The present windows version and the QB desktop are incompatible.
- Invalid status number of QB desktop.
Read more :- QuickBooks outlook email not working
HOW TO MEND THE ERROR PS033 CODE
Hack 1: Getting the latest newest payroll tax table.
- Click on Employees then choose Get Payment Updates.
- Click on the option that says Download the entire payroll update.
- Choose the Update option.
Hack 2: Relabel the QB CPS folder.
- Find the locations of
- Relabel CPS folder to CPSOLD and see if the error is solved.
- Update the payroll tax table.
Hack 3: Disable the User Account Control (UAC)
- Firstly, Run the Verify and Rebuild Data in QB.
- Next, update the QB Desktop to the newest version.
- Update the QB payroll tax table once you reboot the system into safe mode.
- Lastly, Restart your system.
Hack 4: Go for the Quick Fix my program from the QB Tool Hub
- Shut down the company files and the QB Desktop.
- Install and save QB Tool Hub.
- Agree to the instructions to install and click ok on the terms and conditions.
- Double click on the QB Tool Hub to open.
- In the tool hub program choose Program Problems.
- Choose Quick Fix my Program.
- Begin the QB Desktop and go to your data files.
- Download the latest tax table.
Hack 5: Updating Windows
- Select the Start option next type update option in the search bar and press enter.
- Choose the updated option
- Tap on Check for Updates. It will take some time for the windows server for any windows updates available.
- When it appears just select the download and install option.
- Once the process completes without any interruptions, restart your computer.
Hack 6: Configure FCS
- Firstly, close the QB desktop app.
- Go to the start menu and choose the option Computer.
- Choose the option of Manage.
- Select Applications
- Select Services
- Next double click on the ‘Intuit QuickBooks FCS’ option.
- Select startup type.
- Choose Manual
- Tap on the Apply option
- Choose Start then click Ok
To simplify, the QuickBooks error PS033 occurs when there is a damaged or corrupted file in the CPS folder. In this article, we conveyed the steps needed to troubleshoot this problem. If any issue persists, then you can contact us at +1 800-579-9430. We will try our best to troubleshoot the error so that you can enjoy working on QuickBooks smoothly and steadily.
Related article :- Incorrect cogs in QuickBooks